Contact Details

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book Review!

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was pretty interesting. I really liked the two main characters and the relationship they have. The concept was different and I felt like everything seemed to flow pretty nicely. There are angels,demons,and nephilim. They can read emotions and each nephilim has a "job to do". I gave this book only 3 stars because as much as I enjoyed it, I still felt like there was something missing. Maybe it'll pick up speed in the second book, but things moved a little too slow for me in this first one. I want to mention the cover.. it's very eye catching and I love it. I recommend this book to anyone looking for an interesting YA read.

Favorite quotes: "Could you resist a drug if I repeatedly placed it on the tip of your tongue, Ann? Could you? We're playing with fire!"

"I wish, just once, that I could see your colors," I whispered.
"Well, I'm glad you can't. And I wish I'd never seen yours."
He'd been right when he said the truth could hurt far worse than any lie.


View all my reviews

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?




No comments:

Post a Comment